Saturday, July 11, 2009

A poem I wrote last night

And there was born a generation of love
With hearts full of fertile soil
Many seeds of various religions were scattered within these hearts
And these seeds took root and grew

The lovers tended their heart gardens
They could see the value and beauty of each plant
They could see the expanse of their heart soil
Room enough for many plants
No need to uproot
No desire to tend only one

The eyes of the lovers could see into other heart gardens
And these eyes wept at the beauty they saw
Innocent tears of appreciation for the respect and love that had been showered

on each garden

And this generation of love
Found great truth
And felt great peace
All of their days

And this generation of lovers
Filled the world
With a love it had never known before
And the world was never the same.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Allie, I like your poem. I visualized many things as I read it. I wanted you to know that I am glad your soul and mind are sparked. I love you, dear one!

    ReplyDelete