Saturday, February 6, 2010

a looong day

I ran seven consecutive miles yesterday! Believe it or not, I felt perfectly fine afterwards. I think it felt easier than expected because of those darn racquetball courts in the basement of our gym. Daily one-hour sessions of racquetball with Zach and three mile runs afterward definitely have worn me out but built up my endurance for a longer run.

Two hours after my run, I worked for 1 hour at the flower shop, then 8 hours at the restaurant (my first time as a hostess!), slept 5 hours and woke up at 5:30am to work my first 8 hours as hotel desk clerk. WOW! I have worked 16 of the last 24 hours, which is more than I worked the entire month of January. Don’t even begin to think I’m complaining because I loved it!

At Merge (the restaurant) there is energy, fun, and always something to do. At the hotel, there’s a group of really good people who work together and I can tell I fit. For me, having a close community is key and two jobs plug me into two great ones. I do realize it was only my first day at both places so…we’ll see how it goes.

On a different note, have you ever considered how you convey your life stories? What words do you choose? What character do you make yourself? I think the way you tell them says a lot about how you want people to see you… I mean, take this post: do I want you to think I’m super woman? Other things I’ve posted are wise and inspirational, Dalai Lama-like writings. Still others make me into a comedian!

Have I ever made myself the villain? Have I ever shared a flaw without smoothing over it with ten other talents afterward?

With this infernal internal drive to paint myself in all pretty colors, will anyone ever really see me?

Does anyone ever really see you?

No comments:

Post a Comment